Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mugged.

Yesterday in Paris was as wonderful as it was rotten. Andrew and I went over to our friends sean flat and baked some very classy frence frozen pizza. After that we wandered through the historical Père Lachaise Cemetery until it closed for the night. A few hours later we took the night bus and were approached by ' druggies who tried to sell me some hash and Valume. When I said no thank you one of them took out a knife and told me he would kill me if I did not give him my day bag. Oh boy, Je' Taime Paris. So yes, I am out an I-pod, my plane tickets back to America, my radical steel wallet, my drivers licence, my speakers, 50 percent of my REI bag, and a slew of other things. What matters most is that I got away with the important things, My life, my passport, and my credit card. And I have got something that those punks will never have, an amazing family whos got my back ;-)

P.S. Hey mom this is for you, this is Andrews Adress in Nijmegen.

krommenhoek 8
linden (cuijk); NL
5439 NE

7 comments:

Andrew said...

that whole getting mugged thing sucks, but i'm glad to hear that you're ok. did they get your camera. anyway, have a great day and stay safe.

babymama said...

what a bummer! the most important thing is that your alright. all of those things can be replaced, but not you. you could report it to the local police...or the subway. they might have video of it...oh, and thank god for those stupid passport under belt things. my last thought is that while your walking around you should check out some of the music...bring back some amazing stuff! -jes

Rubdown said...

Hey Dooze,
I really want to come hunt down your robbers. I think that we could find them, however, since you came out with the most important thing ... your life, I will let them live. Get in contact with the American Embassy that serves the Netherlands, and give them a full report. I'm sure your foreign exchange student has that contact information. I will research it out today just in case you don't get it. They can help you retrieve any documents you need for your flight home. Mom is working on getting the replacement ticket as well. By you reporting it, they will be aware that your identification is in the hands of bad guys. If they try to do wrong in your name, the government will have a heads up that it is not you. Most of all, I am GRATEFUL that you are safe! I'll write back soon with more info.
Love,
Dad

Rubdown said...

Okay Dooze,
Here's the information:

American Citizen Services
U.S. Consulate General
Museumplein 19
1071 DJ Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel.: (31)(0)20-575 5309
Please call weekdays between 1:30 and 4:30 p.m. only (the morning hours being reserved for visitors with appointments). In case of an emergency outside these hours, please call the Duty Oficer.
Tel.: (31)(0)70-310 2209 (After Hours Duty Officer)

Lori Sharpy said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you made it out unscathed, partially due to your sly wit, I'm sure.

Did your buddy Andrew make it out okay as well?

jerrad william said...

holy crap man that's intense.that sucks getting your things stolen, but im just glad you're okay. i saw wanted last night and im purty sure i've learned how to curve the bullet. just find out their names and they're toast!

MarTeenie said...

OH NO!!!
i'm sorry you got mugged! but luckily you have a great family, like you said. :) :)