Saturday, June 21, 2008

Brussels.

Bonjour! Another photo-less post, shame shame shame, soon as I get my hands on a Macbook I'll throw some photos up. The past 2 days were so perfect! After a good nights sleep at Charlines house in Belgium we took off to Brussels, is the most incredible place! I fell in love about 37 times. I went with 4 friends but by the end of the night we were partying with 8 people! They were friends of Charlines and they were such charecters! They were all our age and hell bent on shouting about how great America is. oh bless their hearts... ignorance is bliss. Then after a long day of exploring Brussels we crashed at Charlines mansion of a home and took off to Amsterdam the next day for a legendary bash. The squat community all got together for something called the "White Trash Party". If you were not dressed as white trash you could not party. It was so interesting to see how many renditions of white trash there were. The squatter community consist of British, irish, african, japanese, and anyother nationality you could imagine. The white trash look ranged from Nascar'esque to Amy Winehouse'esque. If you want to see photos os me from that party get ready for some major thigh shots. All I had were these radical little swim trunks I got from Randy a few years ago, and Im very sure Mike gave them to Randy. After waking up in Amsterdam we took off for the camp. So right now I am typing from a youth hostel in thge beautiful Elst, Netherands. I am here for a camp that has been put on by AFS. That is the orgonization that sends students abroad. We all put our minds together and tried to say that my name was Gar'et and I was from Sweden. Apparently I looked the part but it dident work out so well. ASF told me it would be no problem and I could crash on anyones bed but apparently some pissed off unhappy person ( I suspect a short blonde troll of a woman named Viki ) called the ASF headquaters and they told her that I could not crash on a bed purchased by them...some even though it will be empty because the student who was ment to occupy it got sent home. Everything actually turned out for the better. 1 hour and 33 Euros later I was in my own private room; shower, bathroom, the works. Everyone here at this hostel is hooting and hollaring about the big game tonight Russia VS Holland so everyone is packed like sardines in the bar singing " Ole'ole'ole'ole" and watching the game on a projector. Ha, honestly, they are making a big fuss in there! These Europeans are serious about their Futball. Allright folks, id better get in there because there are about 50 AFS student hollaring for everyone to get to the game! Next post will be broadcast out of Paris, Salut!

5 comments:

Rubdown said...

Hey Dooza,
So Malinda and I went to see Get Smart today. It was pretty funny. we went to Thai food at Tipps 88 and we thought of you. Yep, I had aan amazing curry dish. But hey, that is NOTHING compared to whatever you had for lunch. One piece of moldy bread tastes better in the Netherlands than Thai food tastes in Tempe. Be safe.
Love,
Dad and Malinda

Andrew said...

Hey Brother,

have a terrific day!

Lori Sharpy said...

Yo Garrett!

I'm so jealous of you over there. From the way you've been so eloquently describing it, I think Europe is this magical place that I should have been belonging to all my life. It's exactly where I want to be.

Anyways, I eagerly look forward to hearing more of your European expedition.

Sinceeeerely,
-Lori

jerrad william said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jerrad william said...

WHOA alot has happened from my last look on your page. well man, i miss you. be safe.