Saturday, June 14, 2008

19.






Hey folks, I will be approaching my last year as a teenager in 9 hours and so far its off to a pretty memorable start. In fact, I am terribly certain that this will be the most memorable birthday of my life. Four days ago I was in Mesa AZ seeing off. Two days ago I was behind enemy lines in the bowels of Little Rock Arkansas where id say one out of every Five of its under-evolved citizens looked like something that crawled out of "The Hills Have Eyes", I sat next to one on the airplane that informed me that he can communicate with god, but only through a direct connection via his nephew who has been in prison for the last 7 years on multiple possessions of Cocaine. Today things are much nicer in the beautiful ( but humid ) Memphis, Tennessee. I flew into memphis because there is a direct flight from the Memphis airport to Europe. I am staying with my sister and her 3 year old daughter Ellie Grace. My niece is the very reason for the graceful photo that accompanies this entry, Just this morning I awoke with a start because my sisters hyperactive dog Sissy was jumping on my face, I shrugged it of and just as soon as I had fallen into a deep peaceful sleep my niece Ellie Grace had seen what Sissy had done and followed suite. She demanded to play with my "funny machine". My "funny machine" is my Macbook pro, it scored this nickname for its ability to distort faces using its built in camera. She pressed alot of buttons and as a result captured this photo. In a matter of hours I will be boarding a plane to Amsterdam where I will meet up with my friend Andrew who has been in school over there for the last 7 months. From Amsterdam, I will spend some time in Brussels, Belgium to party with the locals by night and eat waffles by day. After Brussels we will be attending a camp put on by all of Andrews friends who have been studying in the Netherlands for the last 7 months. I think it will be at a hostel in Nijmegan but I am not sure yet.  They are calling it a "camp" but word on the street is that its going to be a bit more like a 2 day going away bash. Then, its off to Paris. I will be spending the most time in Paris and I have some incredible people lined up to host me there... After Paris I will head back to Nijmegan to relax with Andrew and his host family for a few days.  So I am off to Amsterdam,Brussels,Nijmegan,Paris, then Nijmegan again. This will be so incredible... heaven know whats in store for me in all of these wonderful places.  In fact, I dont even think heaven knows whats in store for me. But, as long as you check this blog every-other day, you can be one step ahead of heaven because I will be posting  photos along with cleverly written anecdotes about my adventures in Europe. Thank you to those of you who made this trip possible and I love you. 


7 comments:

moon brat boy said...

Be safe my friend! I will be checking your blog often! I expect to see you when you return...

Hey....Brother said...

Hey,

Happy birthday and please be carefull. Jess and i are very proud of you and very excited that you have this oppritunity. Be safe!

jerrad william said...

i can't wait to see your adventures. haha ohhh the chaos you will cause!!!

Andrew said...

Hey Dooz,
sounds like your having a blast. bring me back one of those 270 lb halots or a waffle

Rubdown said...

Hey Dooze,
Wow, it sounds like your having a blast! I want you to know that you are not the only one who knows how to have fun ... today I went to Jason's Deli and went through the salad bar ... TWICE! That's right, livin large in Mesa! Be careful Dooze and have a great time. Remember that life is like surfing; you can't control the waves, you can only ride the ones that come at you.
Love,
Dad

Rubdown said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I am green with ... oh, never mind ... I forgot that I'm the hulk! I thought it was envy! Be careful and remember to become one with the french keyboard!
Love,
Dad
PS - Malinda says hi and that she misses you ... and that she is jealous but happy for you.

Patrick Jukic said...

You flew to Europe at 19 years of age...gurl I'm jealous.
The most I achieved with 19 (which is my current age) is going to the local
grocery store without mental support from my "friends"... .-. oh my
Amsterdam is gorgeous, as is Brussels..surprised to hear that Andrew studied abroad, that is goals ^^